The purpose of this role is to perform controls effectiveness reviews of business processes and assist the Internal Auditor with the execution of control adequacy reviews
Purpose and Objectives
- Mapping of processes to evaluate effectiveness of the control environment.
- Identify key controls and test adequacy and effectiveness for higher risk areas identified in each process.
- Assessing compliance with policies, standards and procedures.
- Providing innovative, practical, cost effective and sustainable recommendations and monitoring management's progress in mitigating risk.
- Provide assistance and coaching to junior team members on audits.
- Liaise with functional management on the relevant engagements.
- Conducting ad-hoc store compliance and other reviews whilst maintaining independence.
- Attend stock counts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Degree/Diploma in Internal Auditing, or BCom
- Experience in Retail will be advantageous
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge:
- Knowledge of applying Internal Audit and Risk Assessment Methodologies, IIA Standards for the professional practice of internal audit and Corporate Governance Principles.
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect retailers, and new auditing techniques and practices.
- Participative style and believes in working in a team environment
- Display a professional, constructive and positive approach during the review
- Display an eagerness to learn and has career ambitions
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Following instructions and procedures.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal with pressure.
- Adaptable to different situations and environments.
- Contribute to an environment of open communication and teamwork.