The main purpose of the job is to plan, lead and direct the effective management of the day to day operations of the store team in order to achieve operational excellence and business objectives
- To ensure maximum profitability of the store by managing the key financial indicators (eg. sales, trading profit, shrinkage, wastage, stock, expenses) aligned to budget.
- To deliver high standards of customer service excellence consistently, through the achievement of objectives and continuous improvement.
- To ensure effective people management, development and alignment in store, in order to build capability to meet current and future staffing needs.
- To drive and manage compliance to all in-store processes aligned to requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12 (essential).
- Business and/or Retail Management Diploma (desirable).
- 1 to 3 Years experience in a retail environment as store manager (essential).
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge:
- Knowledge of store standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of legislation, IR and safety and security procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service.
- Knowledge of merchandising (visual, layout, Plano gram).
- Product knowledge.
- Knowledge of logistics/supply chain and retail industry.
- Ability to manage, lead and motivate a team.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning, organising, controlling and delegation skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Financial skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.