Are you passionate about retail and service excellence? Are you confident to drive sales and build customer loyalty in order to ensure a competitive advantage for the brand? An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for an Assistant Store Manager. The successful individual will report to the Store Manager.
- To support the Store Manager in ensuring the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by driving sales and building customer loyalty in order to meet sales, profit and compliance targets, leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales through the execution of promotional activities and driving cross-selling, up-selling initiatives and superior customer service across the store team.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To successfully execute in-store visual merchandising, ensuring the in-store presentation and promotional standards are met and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To support the Store Manager in ensuring staff are motivated and directed to achieve their targets and performance goals and effectively managed in the absence of the store manager.
- To assist the Store Manager in maintaining the work schedule on a daily basis in line with the Group's labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To attend to all administrative responsibilities in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To facilitate the brand being the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Essential: Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification (External applicants)
- Desirable: Degree in Relevant Retail/Business Management
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an assistant store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful completion the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
- Understanding and application of financial management principles
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of people management
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Numeracy skills
- Results and target driven
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with people
- Leading and Supervising
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- 45hrs 6days