To deliver learning and development interventions for pharmacy, clinic and front of shop healthcare functions in order to meet current and future organisational needs in line with the business unit operating plan, group learning and development framework and national skills development agenda.
- To coordinate the delivery of learning activities in line with the approved calendar, budget and business requirements.
- To deliver learning and development interventions in line with quality standards in order to achieve learning outcomes and business objectives.
- To evaluate, monitor and report on learning and development interventions and delivery, in line with quality management standards and business requirements in order to ensure positive business and learner impact as well as continuous improvement.
- To comply with group policies, quality assurance standards and regulatory requirements.
- Learning and development theories and principles
- Learning methodologies
- Skills Development Act
- Pharmacy and related healthcare legislation
- Good Pharmacy Practice principles
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Desirable: At least 2 years professional practicing pharmacist experience
- Desirable: 1 year tutor registration with SAPC
- Desirable: Experience in a retail environment
- Essential: B. Pharm
- Essential: Registered as an assessor with SAPC
- Desirable: Registered moderator