Investing in you
Talent attracts talent. We recognise the importance of investing in our employees and we ensure that we are accredited as an employer of choice.
Our leaders provide clear, empowering vision providing you with the environment and framework to deliver and achieve your career goals!
Work alongside talented individuals who are truly passionate about service excellence and ultimately our valued customer.
We have introduced an annual employee survey to measure, track and respond to employee feedback. We operate in a highly performance-driven culture and we continuously look to improve the employee satisfaction index, to reduce employee turnover and to ensure we support employees through ongoing transformation as we focus on delivering against the Group’s business strategy.We support and invest in our employees in numerous ways. Learn more about how we do this by clicking on the links below.
Employee Share Ownership Programme
Employer Share Ownership ProgrammeA broad-based employee share ownership programme (ESOP) was implemented in 2011 to attract and retain scarce and critical skills, and to allow employees to share in the long-term growth and success of the Group. Through the scheme, 10% of the Groups issued shares have been placed in the Clicks Group Employee Share Ownership Trust for allocation to full-time permanent employees.
Talent Management And Sucession Planning
Talent Management and Success Planning
Talent management and succession planning processes are embedded across the Group. Through the talent management process the Group aims to identify, recognise and develop high-potential employees.
A retention scheme has been operational across the Group for the past two years and is in place to recognise and retain talented employees who are critical to the delivery of the Group's strategic goals.
The Group acknowledges that transformation and empowerment are critical to the sustainability of our business. Our commitment to transformation is demonstrated through the continued improvement in our BBBEE rating which has improved from level 7 in 2007 to level 3 in 2012.
Learning and Development
Learning and Development
The Group recognises that the competence of its human capital is critical in achieving sustainable business growth and is committed to ensuring that all employees are enabled to realise their potential and to meet their career aspirations.
Learning and development is focused on:
- Developing scarce and critical skills
- Enhancing management and leadership competencies
- Facilitating organisational transformation
- Supporting the talent management process
Learning and development programmes offered by the Group include:
- Skills Programmes and Learnership Programmes
- Academic Programmes which include short courses and qualifications offered by registered general, further of higher education institutions of learning.
- Internship Programmes for students and graduates, who are registered at a further or higher learning institution, for purposes of gaining practical work experience in order to meet the requirements to achieve a degree, diploma or certificate from the institution.
- Work Experience Programmes for unemployed graduates in order to gain practical work experience prior to entry in the labour market.
- Graduate Development Programmes aimed at placing graduates on specific programmes in order for them to gain the necessary competencies required by the business.
- Mentorship Programme aimed at transferring tactical, strategic and leadership competencies in order to accelerate personal and professional development of employees in in line with the Group talent and succession strategy and transformation agenda.
- Continuing Professional Development for Pharmacists, Nurses, Chartered Accountants, Internal Auditors, Psychometrists and Lawyers.
Employee Wellness Programme
EWP Services offered:
- Counselling, which includes unlimited telephone as well as short term face to face counselling for individuals, couples and families
- Practical advice on financial, legal, family and other personal matters
- Trauma counselling for individuals and groups
- HIV Management and support, which includes free medication for permanent employees who are not on medical aid
- Lifecare Education & Health Awareness to empower our employees to make informed lifestyle decisions that impact their well-being and to encourage them to take responsibility for their health